Still, I enjoyed it, even with Helena Bonham Carter's skills being grossly underutilized.
Here are what I consider some of the high points.
1. Johnny Depp (I'd willingly watch him watch paint dry)
2. The sound track. (The Carpenters' Top of the World and Alice Cooper in one film? You've got my vote! Even if Alice Cooper is referred to as "an ugly woman")
3. Pretty funny dialog, (Gems include: "You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly!"; "Fifteen, and no husband? You must put those child-bearing hips to good use at once." ; "Every year I get half as pretty and twice as drunk." ; "Peace is the winner in any war" and "I'm a werewolf, deal with it."
4. The lack of a sparkly vampire. This one's from the old school. Sunlight makes him burst into flame, as does silver. Nice to see tradition being respected.
5. Ceramic witch with a hollow, glass heart :D
6. Christopher Lee.
In other news, yesterday made me realise why I hate retail chains... Spent three hours at one and came home with a bag. Yes, I could have left without getting anything, but I had gift coupons that were nearing expiration.
Dedicated to the few of u who may actually read till here :)