Green-Red Dubiousness with toasted walnutsIngredients:
Red spinach (conveniently called Amaranthus Dubius)
Cumin, aka jeera, powder
Oil (1/2 teaspoon)
juice of half a lemon*
1. Peel and chop the papaya. Keep aside.
2. Wash and chop the spinach. Dump in food processor/mixie.
3. Peel garlic (I personally like using enough to keep your garden variety vampires away) and roast on skillet on a low flame.
4. Once the kitchen starts smelling inhospitable to vampires, dump garlic into food processor/mixie.
5. Add the papaya into said food processor/mixie. Grind the mix to a pulp.
6. Toss a few walnuts onto the skillet, roast, put on a plate to cool and forget about them till I mention them again.
7. Drizzle the oil onto the skillet and wait till it warms up. Do not put finger in to test if the oil is hot.
8. Add the pulpy mess to the skillet and push it around like a toddler who doesn't like food.
9. Add salt, pepper, jalapeno sauce and jeera/cumin powder to taste.
10. Continue toddleresque pushing around and wait till it looks cooked. Then transfer to serving dish (my plate in my case)
11. Remember where you put the walnuts. Now crumble them, and get rid of the skin.
12. Scatter the walnuts onto the veggie mess thingy and enjoy.